The neighborhood's boundaries are defined by Virginia Avenue on the West, the Mississippi River on the East, Meramec Street on the North, and Delor Street on the South.
The Mount Pleasant neighborhood has been an important constituent of St. Louis for many years. A portion of the area used to be a part of the old St. Louis Commons before it was annexed by the city in 1836. By 1860, a great deal of the Commons had been sold. The city had retained a portion of the reservations that eventually became Gravois, Laclede, and Mount Pleasant Parks.
Neighborhood Improvement Specialists
- Barb Potts Ward 9,Ward 20 portion
- Christian Saller Ward 25 portion
- Dena Hibbard Ward 6 portion
- Kathryn Woodard Ward 11 portion