It is easy to see the origin of the Kings Oak neighborhood’s name in its northern boundary, Oakland Avenue and its eastern edge, Kingshighway Boulevard. The neighborhood is further bounded by Manchester Avenue on the south and Macklind Avenue to the west.
The houses in Kings Oak were all built in the early 1900s, around the time of the St. Louis World's Fair of 1904. Institutional facilities came later, and there has been some reuse and demolition. For example, the current Science Center building at 5050 Oakland was formerly the Falstaff Brewing Company office site.
Parks in Kings Oak
No parks found.