St. Louis Port Authority
The Port Authority of the City of St. Louis supports economic development in the City’s 6,000-acre Port District, which lies along the City’s 19 miles of Mississippi River frontage. In addition to managing leases for City-owned property in this area, the Authority works with shipping stakeholders across the bi-state area to promote regional commerce.
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street
Director of Port Development
- Works with long-term operator of the City's Municipal River Terminal (MRT) to increase throughput and promote creation of value-added economic opportunities from that throughput.
- Upgrades existing and develops new leases for City-owned property in the Port District to maintain port revenues.
- Creates new and participates in ongoing redevelopment projects across the Port District.
- Meets regularly with state and federal agencies and others to develop port infrastructure funding and expedite river-borne commerce.
- Plans and manages MRT construction projects; coordinates engineering participation of City's Board of Public Service.
- Attends and staffs the Mayor at Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative events.
- Manages Port Working Group, which meets bi-monthly to promote regional shipping; approximately 45 area stakeholders attend; this group transitioning to Regional Freight Authority (www.thefreightway.com) management.
- Working with Inland Rivers Ports & Terminals to develop Certified Port Executive training curriculum.
Port Operations Manager
Nick Nichols, 314.657.3744, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processes lease agreements and renewals for City-owned property in the Port District, working with the Port Authority Commission and the City's Board of Alderman as needed.
- Coordinates cruiseboat permits for up to 3-day mooring privileges with the Director of the City's Street Department.
- Prepares documents required for monthly meetings of the Port Authority Commission.
Current Projects by SLDC and the St. Louis Port Authority
Municipal River Terminal Rail Improvements: Engineering Contract, 2016
- Project Scope: technical plans/specs for site grading and drainage plan, floodwall gate improvements
- Project Schedule: engineering contract now being negotiated
Municipal River Terminal Rail Access Plan, 2016
- Project Cost: $43,567
- Engineer: Design Nine
- Notice-to-Proceed issued 8/26/16
Request for Qualifications for Marine Consultants, 2016
- created prequalified list of professional-service firms for law, engineering, and real estate development
- river-based experience required
Warehouse Upgrade Project, 2016
- Project Cost: $466K
- Contractor: Raineri Construction
- Notice-to-Proceed issued 3/24/16
View of south riverfront looking north. From St. Louis, 30-45 barge tows operate downstream and 15-or-fewer barge tows operate upstream. Fleeting areas, like barge parking lots, allow tows to be reconfigured, depending upon origin and destination of goods.
St. Louis Port Authority Menu
|Name:||Port Authority Commission of the City of St. Louis|
|Toll Free Phone:|
|Other Phone Label:|
|Address 1:||1520 Market Street|
|Address 2:||Suite 2000|
|Contact City:||St. Louis|
|Hours of operation:|
|Public Meeting Accessibility Information:|