Neighborhood Commercial District Improvement Program
This program works to stabilize and revitalize commercial business districts and assists small businesses that serves these neighborhoods.
The funding of the NCDI program is financed wholly through a grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Community Development Administration under the provision of Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (Pub L, 93-383 42 USC 5301 et seq.).
What is the NCDI Program?
- Support business association efforts to establish and maintenance a positive business climate in the City of St. Louis.
- Assist businesses and commercial property owners to navigate government sponsored business development opportunities.
- Administer the Facade Program and District Improvement Projects.
- Work with groups to establish and manage Community Improvement & Special Tax Districts.
- Present business opportunities to prospective entrepreneurs.
- Showcase available commercial properties.
- Assist business districts with promotional efforts.
- Identify businesses to participate in the St. Louis Healthy Corner Store Project and support their involvement in the program.