Recorder of Deeds and Vital Records Registrar
Birth, death, land, marriage records, and archival records
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 622-4610
1200 Market St
City Hall Room 126 - 128
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Friday
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Saturday
Recorder Michael Butler
Welcome to the Office of the St. Louis City Recorder of Deeds. Our job is to make history every day-- by placing documents on the public record-- and make that history accessible to you and generations to come.
I am Michael Butler, I was elected to the office on November 6, 2018 and was sworn in on January 2nd, 2019.
- Birth Certificates The Vital Records Department provides assistance in obtaining birth or death certificates recorded anywhere within the State of Missouri.
- Death Certificates How to request a copy of a death certificate in the City of St. Louis.
- Getting Archives from the Recorder of Deeds The Archives Department is located in Room 129 of City Hall and may be reached at (314) 589-6796.
- Homeschool Declaration of Enrollment Filing To minimize unnecessary investigations due to reports of truancy, parent/guardians may provide a signed, written declaration of enrollment.
- Marriage License The Marriage License Department is responsible for issuing new and duplicate Marriage Licenses and applications ,and provides certified and uncertified copies of any marriage license or application from St. Louis City.
- Statement of No Marriage Record Found (Single Status) Process to provide proof that the St. Louis City Recorder of Deeds has no record of issuing you a marriage license.
No pages meet the criteria
1200 Market St , City Hall Room 126 - 128
St. Louis, Missouri 63103-2881
6 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!