Ongoing City Accessibility Efforts
Examples of accessibility services
- Water bills in a format for people with blind or low vision
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities on City streets and parking lots
- Reduced price bus passes to the elderly and disabled
- Meal delivery for the elderly
- Housing support for people who are disabled
- Requirements for builders to comply with accessibility provisions of building codes
These are just some of the City’s efforts to respond to the needs of people with disabilities.
Examples of construction operations
- 2009 curb ramp self-evaluation
- Construction of curb cuts (curb ramps) throughout City
- Accessible entrances to City buildings and parks
- Addition of elevators and lifts to City buildings
- ADA upgrades to existing park restrooms
Feedback is anonymous.