Positions on the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department are considered civil service positions with the City of St. Louis. The Personnel Department for the City of St. Louis handles the application and examination process.
Before proceeding find out if you meet the minimum requirements:
- Are at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or a certificate of equivalency.
- Have a mnimum vision of 20/200 correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- Are a Citizen of the United States.
- Reside in the City of St. Louis or will take up residence in the City within 120 days of completion of the initial working test (probationary) period.
- Have no felony convictions or unfavorable police record.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Confirm there is an opening on the City of St. Louis Job Posting page.
- When the position is open, apply for the position through the Department of Personnel online portal or download the employment application.
If there are no opening, one may create an online profile ahead of time.
- Review, download and complete all documents required for the application of police officer.
- Residency Requirement
- Employment Record Authorization
- Accessibility to Confidential Records
- Recruit Training Agreement
- Physical Abilities Test Requirements
- Background Questionnaire
- Additional Personal Documentation
- Read each form completely.
- Fully complete each document.
- Sign in the appropriate places.
- Return the fully completed application and documents to:
Any omission of information from these documents will result in the application being considered incomplete, which will delay final processing.
For additional assistance from the Police Personnel Division call:
What to Expect
Successful applicants will be contacted by regular mail for further testing.
Only the applicants who have successfully completed the examination process will be placed on an eligibility list and ranked based on their examination scores.
If the position is not currently open, you may register with the Department of Personnel for Job Openings Notification (to receive an email when the position is open and applications are being accepted).
Metropolitan St. Louis Police Department
St. Louis, MO 63103