Bureau of Prevention
Information about the divisions within the Fire Department that work on fire prevention.
The Bureau of Prevention has four major divisions: code enforcement, fire investigation, health & wellness, and public education. The code enforcement division is responsible for enforcing provisions of the fire prevention ordinance, the commercial structure carbon monoxide detector ordinance, the residential structure carbon monoxide detector ordinance, the smoke detector ordinance, and the hazardous material ordinance. Enforcement of these provisions is supported through many functions. Some of the functions include: fire protection system plan review; inspections of existing structures; review of applications for permit; and many others. These functions, as determined by the Fire Chief, are the minimal requirements to safeguard life, property, public welfare, and firefighter safety and health, from the hazards of fire and explosion.
LOOK!!! For information pertaining to the following, please dial 289-1919 and follow the telephone prompts.
- Fire protection systems or building site drawings. Including plan review, acceptance test, or general information
- Fire incident or fire investigation reports
- Information pertaining to permits, including propane, flammable liquid storage tanks, blasting, or fireworks displays
- Fire safety education and fire extinguisher training
- Fire code questions
- Information concerning DSTEP
Fire Marshal - Deputy Chief Charles E. Coyle
Assistant Fire Marshal - Captain John Walk
Deputy Fire Marshal -- Captain Ray Daniels
Bureau of Prevention Forms
Use of Propane!!!
Fire Suppression Inspections, Detection & Alarm System Plan Review Permit Process
Application for Permit and Certification
Application for Pyrotechnic Display Permit
Fire Alarm Pre-Test Verification & Inspection Form
Sprinkler system Pre-Test Verification & Inspection Form Fire Safety Information
Storage Tank Information Sheet
Fire Protection System Review Documents
- Hood suppression System Pre-Test Verification Form
- Sprinkler System Pre-Test Verification and Inspection Request Form
- Fire Alarm Pre-Test Verification and Inspection Request Form
- Sprinkler System Review Submittal Form
- Fire Alarm System Review Submittal Form
- Application for Permit -- Hazardous Materials Form
- Application for Permit for Pyrotechnic Display of Fireworks Form
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page.