Apply for a Brick Dealer Permit
Information businesses need to know to obtain a Brick Dealer Permit
On This Page
A Brick Dealer Permit may be obtained from the City of St. Louis through the Director's Office of the Department of Public Safety in accordance with Ordinance 67392.
All Brick Dealer Permits expire October 15 of each year.
Please submit your application early to allow time to process the request.
- Review requirements of Ordinance 67392 before completing the application.
- Download an application form and Complete the Brick Dealer Permit.
- Attach a copy of your business license t the application.
- Submit the application in person to:
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
There are mp fees associated with a brick dealer permit.
What to Expect
A permit will be issued provided the applicant has met the requirements of Ordinance 67392.
The dealer is required by Ordinance 67392 to:
- Photograph each person selling or otherwise transferring bricks to this dealer at this location, and to make the photographs taken available to police officers or Department of Public Safety employees upon request;
- Maintain a register of all purchases and sales, in the manner prescribed by Ordinance 67392, and will make this register available for inspection by police officers or Department of Public Safety employees upon request;
- Require seller to display a demolition permit and a valid City business license before accepting used bricks.
Any brick dealer who shall conduct business in violation of any of the provisions of Ordinance 67392 shall be subject to a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500) or a term of imprisonment of not more than Ninety (90) days or by both fine and imprisonment.
Any person who shall buy or sell bricks in violation of the provisions of Ordinance 67392 shall be subject to a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500) or a term of imprisonment of not more than Ninety (90) days or both a fine and imprisonment.
Every brick purchases or sold in violation of Ordinance 67392 shall constitute a separate transaction and shall be deemed a separate violation for the purpose of assessing a penalty. The penalty for such violation shall not be less than Fifty Cents ($0.50) per brick.
Falsification of this permit involves forgery of a Public Official's signature. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Department of Public Safety
Room 401, City Hall
St. Louis, MO 63103
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday