Inmate's or Former Inmate's Property Return

How to request the return of an inmate's property.


Family and friends are able to obtain an inmate's personal property after inmate authorizes the release or the released inmate may pick up his own property.

Monetary funds will not be release to anyone other than the released inmate.


  • Inmates must first authorize the release of personal property by completing and signing a Property Release Form.
  • You must have valid photo identification to pick up personal property.


Property Pick Up

  • Make sure inmate has completed the Property Release Form by calling the Caseworker or the Property Unit.

    Property Unit contact:(314)621-5848 ext. 2233 and ext. 2270

  • Bring valid ID
  • No appointment is necessary
  • Go to the City Justice Center located at:
City Justice Center
200 S. Tucker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63102
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.

Monetary Funds

  • Released inmate has to pick up at the City Justice Center, money will not be released to family or friends.
  • Inmates still incarcerated, will have their money mailed to the facility they are being transferred to.



What to Expect

Release of the inmate's or former inmates property to authorized person.

Additional Information

Completed Property Release Forms are maintained in the inmate's file and the Property Unit.


City Justice Center

(314) 621-5848

200 South Tucker Boulevard
St. Louis, Mo 63102

24 hours

Contact the City Justice Center

Was this page helpful?      

Comments are helpful!
500 character limit

Feedback is anonymous.