How To Make Bond / Post Bail After An Arrest
Information on how to make bond after being arrested and awaiting trial.
On This Page
The City of St. Louis Municipal Courts Administer Bail bonds for making bail after an arrest.
- Find out if a person is being held on bond:
- Determine if the individual is held for state and city municipal charges.
- To find out the bond amount on City Charges call (314) 622-3231
- To find out the bond amont on State Charges call (314) 641-8214
- To find out the amount of the bond provide first and last name and date of birth of the person needing the bond.
- Check hours and locations to post bond.
Call the appropriate office for the amount of the bond.
- For Arrestees who are in police custody, confined 24 hours or less Bond may be posted 24 hours a day at:
- For Inmates confined at CJC or MSI Bond may be posted Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at:
- For Inmates confined at CJC or MSI and incarcerated for more than 24 hours Bond may be posted Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at:
- Payment in person and in Cash Only
- Fee is the Amount of Bond
- Any non-refundable fees for processing
What to Expect
You will receive a receipt for the bond posted.
The process of releasing an arrestee or inmate after a bond is posted will take several hours to complete.
Who can post bail?
Any person can post his or her own bail. If the defendant is financially unable to bail him or herself out of jail, any other person over the age of 18 may post the bail.
How long will it take to receive the bail money back?
It could take several months to receive bail money back. If you post a cash bond, you may get some or all of your money back, but not until the case is finished and the necessary paperwork has been processed.
City Justice Center
200 South Tucker Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63102
31 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!