Cultural Resources Office
The Cultural Resources Office is the Preservation agency of the City of St. Louis and is responsible for review of exterior work within of the City's 17 locally-designated historic districts, 130 landmarks, public parks and buildings, and encroachments in the public right-of-way.
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 657-3865
1520 Market Street
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
Cultural Resources OfficeThe Cultural Resources Office (CRO) works with property owners, neighborhoods, City departments, public agencies and elected officials to preserve our City's historic and cultural heritage. Under applicable standards and ordinances, we review:
- exterior changes to City Landmarks and buildings in City Historic Districts;
- demolitions in Preservation Review Districts and National Register Historic Districts;
- projects funded by the City or that affect City-owned property
- City projects funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
CRO Satellite Office
The Office has a satellite office, CRO Hotspot, in Room 421 City Hall, down the hall from the Permit Section. CRO Hotspot was established to help citizens with over-the-counter applications and permit review. The staff is also available to assist in planning rehabilitation projects and to answer questions about historic district standards.
St. Louis Preservation Board
- recommends historic district and landmark designations;
- advises City Administration and the Board of Aldermen on preservation issues;
- reviews major development proposals in historic districts;
- hears appeals of decisions by the Cultural Resources Office.
Cultural Resources Office Menu
|Name:||Cultural Resources Office|
|Toll Free Phone:|
|Other Phone Label:|
|Address 1:||1520 Market Street|
|Address 2:||Suite 2000|
|Contact City:||Saint Louis|
|Directions:||SE corner of Market and 15th Street|
|Hours of operation:||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Fri|
|Public Meeting Accessibility Information:|