This article is 4 years old. It was published on November 8, 2016.
ST. LOUIS – The City of St. Louis Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry is offering free firewood to City residents starting Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at the following three City locations:
- Forest Park – Lower Munyparking lot
- Carondelet Park – Compost and Recycling location off Holly Hills Dr.
- O'Fallon Park – North of picnic site #4
The wood comes from the removal of dead or structurally damaged trees from City streets and parks. The wood from tree maintenance operations varies in size and species, excluding ash wood, which could spread the infestation of the Emerald Ash Borer.
When wood is available, it is typically dropped off after 3 p.m.,Monday-Friday. Daily wood supply is not guaranteed. It is offered on a first come, first served basis. The free firewood is available through the first week of March, 2017.
Due to park restrictions, commercial vehicles and trailers are prohibited.
For more information or questions, please call the Forestry Division at 314-613-7200.
Most Read News
- Testing News Creation after CF Update 14 Create a news announcement with photo upload to test CF Update 14
- City of St. Louis Launches Upgraded NotifySTL Emergency Alert System Text STLCEMA to 888777 or Enroll Online at www.stlouis-mo.gov/notifystl