Locate Residential Yard Waste Drop Off
Location and schedule for City of St. Louis residents who need to dispose of residential yard waste.
The City of St. Louis contracted with St. Louis Composting Inc. in September 2009 to manage its composting operations. Wood and yard waste generated by the Forestry Division and other applicable City agencies is also processed at this site.
Residents can drop off their yard waste at this site.
Proof of Residency
To dispose of your residential yard waste at this location, you must provide proof of City residency. At the drop off site you have to show one of the following documents:
- a valid driver's license,
- a state identification card
- a personal property tax receipt.
Hours of Operations
One pick-up truck worth of woody materials such as:
- branches or brush
- grass clippings
Drop Off Hours of Operations
- Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. (1st Saturday of the month except on holidays weekends) - confirm the Saturday schedule
The facility is located at:
560 Terminal Row
St. Louis, MO 63147
Take I-70 to exit 246B for Adelaide Avenue and head north. In one half mile make a left turn on to Hall Street, continue for three miles and make a right on Terminal Row, St. Louis Composting will be on the left.
Residential Yard Waste
- City residents are allowed one drop off residential yard waste consisting of one pick-up truck at this site for no fee on designated dates throughout the year.
- A dump fee will be charged based on the size of the load at any other times.
Mulch and compost
Mulch and compost is for sale at this site from St. Louis Composting Inc.
What to Expect
To dispose of your residential yard waste.
Direct questions or inquiries about the Terminal Row Site to:
St. Louis Composting Inc.
Division of Forestry
1415 N. 13th St.
St. Louis, MO 63106
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM