In response to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, St. Louis City Municipal Court is offering online virtual court sessions to defendants as an alternative to in-person court sessions that require a trip to the Court building for a physical appearance court.
These online sessions are conducted via the WebEx application. The Missouri Supreme Court has expressly authorized the use of online alternatives to in-person court sessions. The Municipal Court encourages defendants to use this alternative to resolve their cases.
This option can enable you to avoid a trip to the Court building for your court session.
- Before signing up for virtual court confirm you have the following:
- An Internet enabled device with a camera and microphone such as a properly equipped desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone (I-phone or android)
- A current / active email address to receive information from the court.
- Determine if your active cases are eligible for virtual court. If you have misplaced your citation Search for your case numbers, or call the Court at (314) 622-3231 and provide your full name and date of birth.
Eligible citations types are:
All traffic citations
Metro fare citations
Earnings tax cases
Property maintenance and other housing code citations
Other kinds of non-traffic citations, may also be assigned to virtual court sessions on a case-by-case basis.
- Read and understand Your Rights in the Municipal Division.
Click the "Begin Online" button below and complete the online sign-up form to the court to be assigned to an online virtual session.
The form will require you to provide:
- First and last name
- Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Current/active email address
- Current/active mobile phone number
- Current mailing address
There is no fee to request a virtual court session.
What to Expect
On submission, the form, using the last name and date of birth provided, attempts to retrieve your case numbers from MuniCourt.net and submit them with your request.
Once you have successfully signed up the Court will email you with your virtual court date and the links you will need to join your online virtual court session and other essential information.
It is essential that you provide a working email address for an account that you regularly monitor and read.
If you do not, you will not receive this important information.
If you do not receive a confirmatory email, please call us at (314) 622-3231. If your email changes, please notify us promptly.
Learn more about Virtual Court
St. Louis, MO 63103
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday except City Holidays