St. Louis Business License Search
Search for businesses with licenses in the City of St. louis
All persons (sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations) who conduct business in the City of St. Louis, MO must obtain a business license for that activity.
A license is valid for the fiscal year June 1, and expires on May 31, the following year. License types other than the Graduated Business License (GBL) are not included due to requirements of other departments.
This database is updated weekly and provides only current-year graduated business license information for businesses that are considered "currently licensed." This means the business has been issued a business license for the current fiscal year.
The search provides information about business licenses issued by the License Collector's Office. You can verify whether a business is registered with the Missouri Secretary of State. [bsd.sos.mo.gov]
Search By Business Name
Search By Business Address
- When searching by name or address, you do not have to enter the full text. You can search using any part of the name. For example, if you were searching for ABC Widget Co you could enter "widget" or "ab" and find it. By address, 4444 West Pine.
- When searching by name, please verify the legal name for the business. Business licenses are issued under legal names.
- If you search by business address and find no match, try searching by name. If you search by name and find no match, try searching by the business address.
- When searching by address, try entering just the house number of street name.
- The search will only provide information about business licenses issued by the License Collector's Office. You can verify whether a business is registered with the Missouri Secretary of State.