This article is 4 years old. It was published on December 7, 2016.
ST. LOUIS –With the season's first freezing temperatures forecast for tonight, Thursday and Friday, nonprofit agencies, volunteers, and several City of St. Louis departments together are launching Winter Operations over the next three evenings. Increased outreach and additional shelter bed space will be made available to accommodate unsheltered homeless men, women, and children.
Individuals or families seeking shelter should please contact the following agencies:
- St. Louis Housing Helpline: (314) 802-5444
- United Way: 211
- Biddle Housing Opportunities Center: (314) 612-1675
1313 N. Tucker St., St. Louis, MO 63101
Staff and volunteers from Biddle Housing Opportunities Center, St. Patrick Center, Peter &Paul Community Services, Gateway 180, BJC Behavioral, Places for People, St. Louis City Continuum of Care, St. Louis County Continuum of Care, St. Louis Housing Helpline - United Way 211, St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, St. Louis Winter Outreach Shelters, St. Louis Winter Outreach Teams, and VA Street Outreach are working together to ensure that individuals and families experiencing homelessness are safe, healthy and out of the dangerous elements this winter.
For assistance in shelter coordination, please contact Edwin Muhammad at (314) 657-1718 or email@example.com.
Most Read News
- Testing News Creation after CF Update 14 Create a news announcement with photo upload to test CF Update 14
- City of St. Louis Launches Upgraded NotifySTL Emergency Alert System Text STLCEMA to 888777 or Enroll Online at www.stlouis-mo.gov/notifystl
- Testing News Creation after CF Update 15 Testing News Creation