Request a Home Asthma Assessment for Children
How to request a home assessment for schools, education programs
City of St. Louis residents can request an at home child asthma assessment. This is provided to assistance residence in finding and fixing asthma triggers within the home.
Appointments are available between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
The requesting City resident must be available for a minimum of two hours for a thorough asthma assessment to be completed.
- Confirm the Assesment Address must be located in the City of St. Louis.
- Contact the Health Department (314) 612-5100 between 8am-5pm Monday through friday to schedule your appoinment
- Ensure parent or guardian is present during the scheduled appointment.
- Provide a written list of current asthma medication(s).
- Have a copy of the asthma action plan provided by a medical provider.
This is a free service.
What to Expect
- A thorough evaluation will require a two hour visit.
- The parent or guardian will be required to completed an asthma assessment survey for the child.
- Asthma triggers home assessment workbook will be provided to assist with identification of triggers.
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, St. Louis Chapter website can be consulted for in depth information on asthma.
Department of Health
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm