The Roman Catholic parish of St. Edward the King was founded by Rev. Edward J. Wynne in May, 1893. At first the church basement was erected on the church site at 2701 Clara Avenue. Until the church was completed later, the basement was used for both church and school purposes. At the time of the parish's founding, it numbered 250 families. St. Edward's parochial school has been demolished and its site is now a playground.

Territory from the Visitation and Holy Rosary parishes was taken to create Blessed Sacrament parish. It was formed by Rev. Patrick H. Bradley on June 27, 1907. The church building was dedicated by Archbishop Glennon on March 21, 1915. It features a marble altar of novel design with a reredos formed by a sculpture group of the twelve apostles. Located at the northwest corner of Kingshighway and Maffitt Avenue, the church is adjoined by its parochial school, built in 1932. Nearby is Bradley Hall, the church's community building, which was opened in 1951.

Our Savior Lutheran Church at Abner Place and St. Louis Avenue began as a mission in September, 1916. Its first services were held in a small store at 5577 St. Louis Avenue. In the following spring, a move was made to a larger store at 5404 St. Louis Avenue, which was fitted with equipment donated by Lutheran churches. Formal organization of the church took place in June, 1917, with 25 communicants. The present church site was purchased in 1921, but only the basement was completed in December, 1923. The church soon outgrew its limited quarters and plans for the superstructure were prepared by architect Theodore Steinmeyer. Finally dedicated in May, 1933, the English Gothic brick and stone edifice has an interior with a heavy timbered beam ceiling.

Third United Presbyterian Church worshipped at several locations before occupying its present building at 2426 Union Boulevard. Founded as a Sunday school in 1891, it first met in Kisker's Hall at North Market and Newstead and later in a hall at Easton and Marcus. The church was organized in May 1893 in its new building at the southwest corner of Wagoner Place and North Market Street. The present site was purchased in 1912 and four years later the church was completed. It is built of brick trimmed with terra cotta and later an educational unit was added to the structure.

On the corner of Hodiamont and Wabada Avenues is a church building whose original occupant dates back to 1846 in the Wellston area. Presently occupied by Trinity Methodist Church, the building was formerly the home of the Mount Auburn M. B. Church, South. Mount Auburn traces its origin back to fifteen years before the Civil War, when it met in a rural school on St. Charles Road a mile west of present-day Wellston. In 1854, it moved to the frame Eden Chapel, on St. Charles Road, about seven miles beyond the St. Louis of that day. The church which had been served by circuit riding transient ministers since its founding, continued to be so served until 1871 when it became an independent unit. In 1887, it was decided to move to a more populous location, which was found in 1891 when the Hodiamont and Wabada site was donated by a real estate company. After completion of the church in 1892, the name was changed to Mount Auburn, after the subdivision in which it was situated. The church was extensively remodeled in 1932 and continued to be occupied by the Mount Auburn congregation until it moved to its present location on Lucas Hunt Road.

Among other Protestant churches in the Arlington area was the Arlington United Methodist, which was located at Union and Maffitt for many years, before moving to St. Louis County. Its former home is now occupied by the Clayton M. B. Church. At 2821 North Kingshighway is the All Saints Episcopal Church, which was formerly located at 2931 Locust Street. Its present building was at one time the home of the United Lutheran Church.